Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Our Curriculum Statement
At Winmarleigh Primary School, we aim to provide our pupils with a curriculum which:
- is underpinned by our Christian and British values
- is rich, broad, balanced and meets the requirements of the National Curriculum
- is enjoyable and develops a life – long love of learning
- prepares our children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
- develops resilience, perseverance, emotional intelligence and tolerance
- promotes spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development
- celebrates individual achievements, strengths and talents
- develops self –esteem and confidence and enables our children to reach their full potential
- develops social skills and enables our children to see themselves as valuable citizens with a contribution to make
Our curriculum is implemented through:
- child-initiated learning
- first hand experiences in the classroom, locally and beyond in the wider community.
- allowing learning to flow seamlessly from indoors to outdoors
- positive reinforcement and support of all the children’s efforts and contributions
- an environment in which our children feel supported, safe and cared for
- opportunities which allow the space for exploring their own feelings and opinions, whilst developing empathy and broadening their minds to the thoughts, feelings and views of others.