In 2017 -18 we are allocated £11,640
This funding will be used in the following ways:
- to provide a professional coach to deliver high quality PE weekly to all our children
- to develop teachers' skills by providing opportunities to work with sports coaches
- to subscribe to a collaboration of several small schools with Garstang Community Academy to enable our key stage 2 children to receive coaching and the opportunity to compete in a wide range of sports (including football, girls' football, Hi-5 netball, basketball, short tennis, table tennis, rounders, athletics and tag rugby). This also enables our staff to work in a variety of specialist sports environments and develop their own coaching and refereeing skills by working with sports specialists
- to enable us to continue to provide the opportunity for all our children to swim regularly
- to develop and enhance our outdoor facilities
- to purchase tracksuits for all children to raise the profile of sports/ PE in school.
The impact of this will be:
- improved physical skills which enhance fitness
- enhanced self-esteem and social skills by providing the opportunity for children to interact with wider peer groups at collaborative sporting events
- children experience a considerably wider range of sporting activities in specialist venues than would otherwise be possible
- staff skills and motivation are enhanced because of the variety of opportunities offered and experienced through membership of the partnership
2017 - 2018 swimming assessments show that 100% of our Year 6 cohort are meeting the National Curriculum requirements to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform a safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Our PE Grant allocation and spending can be found here