PE & Sport Premium
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum to provide new, substantial primary school funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
We have been given freedom of how to use our school sports funding, but have been provided with a set of guidelines to support us in making the best use of our funds.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE.
- funding continuous professional development opportunities in PE/Sport.
- covering the cost of releasing primary teachers to attend training.
- running sports competitions, or increasing participation in the school games.
- increasing the quality of materials/resources which are used to teach and lead primary PE;
- increasing the after-school opportunities for children of all ages and abilities.
- improving children’s understanding of healthy eating and the advantages of exercise.